Sunday, April 22, 2018

Review: Hiking and Homicide by Danielle Collins


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Fairfield Publishing

Release Date:
December 16, 2107






Synopsis from Goodreads:

When you’ve spent your whole life solving crimes, you shouldn’t be surprised when crimes follow you everywhere you go…even into the mountains.

A new cozy mystery series from #1 Best Selling author Danielle Collins

Lucy Hannaford spent her career catching criminals. After a murder case ruined her first post-retirement vacation, she heads into the Swedish wilderness for a hiking adventure. When a geography professor in her hiking group dies in his sleeping bag one night, her sleuthing skills are once again called upon. With no apparent motive, she must figure out why a group of friends would want one of their own dead.

Hiking and Homicide is part of the Hannaford British Cozy Mystery series. If you like fun cozy mysteries, with a British twist, you are going to love Hannaford British Cozy Mysteries.

My Review

Retired Police Superintendent, Lucy Hannaford, can’t sit still. She may be retired, but she has no intentions of sitting around and doing nothing. She confinces her husband to go on a hiking tripin the Swedish wilderness. They don’t go alone. They go with a group of four friends who are experienced in hiking.

When Lucy discovers one of the friends dead in his sleeping bag, she immediately jumps into investigator mode. She makes sure the area is secure until the police arrive. Lucy is convinced this death was not from natural causes. One of the other three friends has to be a murder, but why and how?
This is the second book in the Hannaford British Cozy Mystery series and a quick read. It’s a British cozy and reminds me quite a bit of Agatha Christie’s mysteries. This is the perfect read for a few hours on the weekend.

The mystery itself is well-planned with interesting characters. It’s not a complex plot, but it has a surprise ending.

I don’t know if there will be anymore in the series, but I’d love to read more of Lucy Hannaford’s adventures.



For reading challenges:
Cruisin’ thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2018
Cloak & Dagger Reading Challenge 2018

Disclosure: I borrowed this through Kindle Unlimited. . I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an entertaining cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually this is book #2 in the Hannaford British Cozy Series. I have both books on my Kindle but I haven't read them yet. Here's the link to the first book, High Seas Homicide https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36587882-high-seas-homicide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duh, as soon as I hit "publish" it dawned on me that I first saw #1 on your blog when you did a review of it. Sorry, it's been a weird day.

      Delete
  3. Sounds interesting and I'm intrigued by the setting. I don't think I've read a cozy with a Swedish setting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.