Friday, October 4, 2019

Review: French Fatality by Susan Harper



Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Fairfield Publishing

Release Date:
August 15, 2018





Synopsis from Goodreads:

Foul murder in the city of love.
A cozy mystery from #1 Best Selling Author Susan Harper

Kendell and Pauline have traveled to Paris and love is in the air. When a romantic dinner is ruined by murder, the girls are again thrust into a murder investigation. This time, the plot they uncover goes deeper than ever and forces the girls to do a literal double take. Can they catch a killer who has been preparing for their whole life?

My Review

Flight attendant Kendell McDonald is getting ready for her next adventure with her retired friend Pauline. This time they are heading to Paris, but Pauline is having some family time in Georgia first so Kendell starts the trip on her own.

Pauline planned some fun and romance for Kendell so she won’t feel too lonely. I don’t want to give away too much of the plot, but I will say the beautiful trip to Paris winds up a search for a murderer. As usual, Kendell and Pauline find themselves in the thick of a murder mystery. Once Pauline arrives in Paris, the investigating begins.

This might be my favorite book of the series. There is romance, but it takes a backseat to the mystery which is how I love my cozy mysteries. Kendell and Pauline’s relationship has grown quite a bit since the first book. Although the mystery is self-contained in this book, I think this is a series best enjoyed starting with the first book. This is book #7 and I've read been reading the series in order.  They are quick reads that can be read in a few hours.



For reading challenges:
Craving for Cozies Reading Challenge 2019



Disclosure:  I borrowed this e-book through the Kindle Unlimited program. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.