Friday, November 15, 2019

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - November 15th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.






I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.


I'm going to start this one soon...




Beginnings...

Even now I still dream about Brodie's Watch, and the nightmare is always the same. I am standing in the gravel driveway and the house looms before me like a ghost ship adrift in the fog. Around my feet mist curls and slithers and it coats my skin in icy rime.

From 56% on my e-reader...

I can't help but feel a sense of relief as I watch him drive away.






8 comments:

  1. I am definitely intrigued! I hope you enjoy this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to wonder what is up with this bloke, who puts the narrator at unease... great choice!

    Happy Friday! Here is my Friday post. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well-written quote. I hope you are enjoying your book. My Friday quotes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been planning to start reading this author. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm quite intrigued by your snippets! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the quotes. I haven't heard of this one before, so thanks for mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've enjoyed many of her books. This is one I've not read yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am already hooked from the intro and wondering how her dream will play into the rest of the story. I hope you enjoy this one! Have a great weekend, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.