Friday, June 4, 2021

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - June 4th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I'm about to start reading this one.  The excerpts are from the E-ARC.  




First Chapter

"Mom, I think I'm going to throw up."

Daisy Bosarge felt the fear that was universal in the parenting world when Krissa uttered those eight little words.  Even more concerning was the fact that her son was already home with stomach flu.

From 56% on my Kindle...

"I'm worried about you, baby girl."



Synopsis from Goodreads:

Once upon a time, when her dad married Sage’s mom, Daisy was thrilled to get a bright and shiny new sister. But Sage was beautiful and popular, everything Daisy was not, and she made sure Daisy knew it.

Sage didn’t have Daisy’s smarts—she had to go back a grade to enroll in the fancy rich-kid school. So she used her popularity as a weapon, putting Daisy down to elevate herself. After the divorce, the stepsisters’ rivalry continued until the final, improbable straw: Daisy married Sage’s first love, and Sage fled California.

Eighteen years, two kids and one troubled marriage later, Daisy never expects—or wants—to see Sage again. But when the little sister they have in common needs them both, they put aside their differences to care for Cassidy. As long-buried truths are revealed, no one is more surprised than they when friendship blossoms.

Their fragile truce is threatened by one careless act that could have devastating consequences. They could turn their backs on each other again…or they could learn to forgive once and for all and finally become true sisters of the heart.


 
What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



7 comments:

  1. Sounds like the setup could generate lots of juicy conflict. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of Susan Mallery but never read any of her books. The Stepsister's sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I agree with Roberta, this sounds like it'll be veerry juicy and dramatic! But there is something beautiful about putting your own issues aside to help a younger sibling! Also, two kids at home with the stomach flu sounds horrid! I hope you have a lovely start to the weekend and do drop by my Friday post if you have the time! - Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've been seeing this. Sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had my eye on this one, and it definitely sounds like a page turner. Here's mine: “HOME FIRES”

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm wanting more, sounds good!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.