Friday, July 16, 2021

Review: The Ghost Camper's Tall Tales by Elizabeth Pantley

 


About the Book


Genre
Paranormal, Cozy Mystery

Format
E-ARC

Publisher
Kindle Direct Publishing

Release Date:
August 2, 2021

Synopsis from Goodreads:

A magic mirror. An enchanted world. A mysterious story-telling ghost. A hilarious, perpetually annoyed witch. A smart, sassy cat. A mystery of finding a dead body . . . of someone who was already dead. Visit Destiny Falls and escape to a great time.

A mysterious old man keeps popping up to tell Hayden a series of tall tales. Who is he? And is he actually glowing? Are his stories fiction, or is he telling her the history of her family, the enchanted islands, and the witch? And why did a dead body show up . . . of someone who was already dead? Can Hayden and her quirky sidekick, Latifa unscramble this mystery?

Hayden’s adventures in the magical world of Destiny Falls continue in this gripping story that answers your questions about the mysterious world she entered through a mirror in book one, Falling into Magic. We learn more about her missing mother, whose story begins in book two, The Disappearance of Emily.

My Review

Hayden Caldwell and her beautiful feline sidekick, Latifa, are back with more adventures from Destiny Falls.  Hayden is focused on finding out the truth behind her mother abandoning her when she was an infant.  As she searches for the truth, she stumbles upon a dead body.  Her focus switches to finding a killer.  Especially since she is one of the prime suspects.

Then, Hayden meets an older man who has many mysterious stories to tell her.  She wonders if his stories are true and if they have anything to do with her family.

This mystical, paranormal, cozy mystery has so many things going for it.  Magic, mystery, and so many unsolved stories.  For Hayden, the biggest question involves her mother.  She’s determined to discover the true story behind her disappearance.  At the same time, she continues to learn more about Destiny Falls and her new-found family.

This story is more than just a fairy tale.  It’s a fairy tale mixed with emotions, drama and family.  I can’t get enough of this story. This is the third book in the Destiny Falls Mystery & Magic series.  I do have to stress that it’s important to read this series from the beginning.  Although the murder mystery is solved in this book, the entire story of Hayden’s plight begins with book #1.  The best way to appreciate this is to read it from the start.

I really adore the way Hayden has fit in with her new family, while still managing to keep in touch with her “old” family.  The relationships she has developed have already become so precious.  Overall, each character is well-developed and already feel like close friends.  Whenever I read the next story, I feel like I’m visiting old friends.  Did I mention Hayden's feline buddy Latifa?  She's a wisecracking kitty who has her own friends including a new kitty named Lola.  She had me LOL!

The author does a great job of painting a vivid picture of Destiny Falls.  I always feel as if I’m right there by Hayden’s side.  It’s such a joy to return to this mystical town.

While each book answers questions, it also leaves you wondering about other things.  I’m looking forward to reading book #4 in this delightful, paranormal story with a touch of cozy mystery and romance mixed together.  I devour each book as it comes out, but this one is my favorite.  I want more!


For reading challenges:

The Purrfect Reading Challenge 2021
What An Animal Reading Challenge 2021
Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge 2021

FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed a free Advance Reader Copy of this book from the author and the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own.





2 comments:

  1. This looks really interesting. From the cover I would have expected something kind of light and fluffy but this looks like so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yvonne!

    I have even started with my copy, but will try to get to it this week. Really looking forward to meeting up with Latifa and Hayden again.

    Glad you enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.