Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Review: Witches, Spiders and Schemes by Elizabeth Pantley

 


About the Book


Genre
Cozy Mystery, Paranormal

Format
E-ARC

Publisher
Better Beginnings, Inc.

Release Date
November 10, 2021


Synopsis from Goodreads:

A magic mirror to an enchanted world. A mysterious ghost. A hilarious, perpetually annoyed witch. A brave, sassy cat. Two unexplained deaths and a mysterious community filled with secrets. Can Hayden and the people of Destiny Falls solve the mystery and return the community to its peaceful, enchanted existence?

Hayden’s adventures in Destiny Falls continue in book four of the Destiny Falls Mystery & Magic series. Starting with a strange old woman at a cave and her father’s mysterious ferry journey, there are secrets to be unwound.

The enchantments in Destiny Falls are showing cracks, and Hayden suspects that it’s tied directly to her family, which has a history that’s more complex than she realized. When two bodies are found floating in the bay it’s clear that the mysteries surrounding Gladstone and the ferry are more dangerous than people realize.

Luckily, Hayden and her sassy sidekick, Latifa have developed a group of family and friends in this enchanted place who are all ready and willing to help solve the mystery, and release Destiny Falls to resume its normal, amazing, enchanted existence.

Hayden’s many adventures in Destiny Falls will keep you guessing with each book in this intriguing series.

My Review

Hayden Caldwell is back with another fun adventure.  All her friends are back to lend a helping hand, including her wise-cracking cat, Latifa.  

There is so much happening in this book.  Two dead bodies are found and the enchantments that make Destiny Falls so charming seem to have vanished.  Hayden realizes it’s all connected to her family somehow.  She’s determined to find out the truth and get Destiny Falls back to the beautiful place it has always been.

This is the fourth book in the series and each one is better than the last one.  Hayden’s romance with Han is blossoming.  They are so sweet.   Besides her romance, Hayden’s relationship with her new-found family is also thriving.  With each book these relationships are becoming more and more developed.  

I always enjoy my visits to Destiny Falls…I’m totally transported into Hayden’s world when I read these books.  They are delightful and magical.  The characters are charismatic and fascinating.  When I’m reading these books, I am completely engrossed in them.  They always  leave me with a smile on my face. 

Although the murder mystery is solved in this story, I always think it’s best to start reading with the first book.  It’s the best way to see how Hayden’s story evolves for yourself.   I’m so hoping the author continues this series.  It would be a shame not to.  I’m sure there are more Destiny Falls stories to be told and I’m excited to read them.


For reading challenges:

Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge 2021
Craving for Cozies Reading Challenge 2021


FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed a free Advance Reader Copy of this book from the author and the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own.


3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.