Saturday, February 18, 2023

Review: New Song by Rebecca Stevenson

 


About the Book


Genre
Romance

Format
E-Book

Release Date
December 20, 2022



My Review

Attorney Lucas Avila has the sad task of clearing out his grandmother’s house after her death.  He’s the only family member left to do it since his aunt is too upset and his mother abandoned him when he was only three.  His grandparents were the ones who raised him and now they are both gone.

It’s been a long time since Lucas was in his hometown of Trinity Springs.  He’s been living the city life in Dallas for years.

Maria Vargas is back in Trinity Springs, too.  She accepts a position at the local school as a music teacher.  She’s surprised to see her childhood friend Lucas is back in town.  She always did have a crush on him.  It doesn’t seem to have gone away even after being apart for 20 years.

Lucas is determined to find his birth parents and confides in his old friend, Maria.  They are once again drawn to each other, but both of them are going in different directions.  Lucas is building a successful career in Dallas while Maria is settling back in Trinity Springs with her teaching and singing for church functions.

For now, they are happy just being friends.  When Lucas is hit with some life altering information, Maria is right by his side.  

I was totally drawn into the story from page one and fell in love with the characters.  They are easy to love and cheer for.  I can easily picture them as anyone’s next door neighbors.

This is an inspiring, emotional and romantic story.  It’s perfect to cuddle up, grab a cup of tea or coffee and settle in for a sweet, poignant, and heartwarming story of two people given a second chance at love and life.  It’s a touching story that left me smiling and satisfied…oh and there were a few tears shed too.

This is the first book in a new trilogy.  If the next books are anything like this one, I'll be one very happy reader.

For reading challenges:

Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge 2023
Literary Escapes Reading Challenge 2023 (Texas)


Disclosure:  I borrowed this one from the Kindle Unlimited library.  I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.