Saturday, May 31, 2008

I Dreamed I Married Perry Mason by Susan Kandel


Genre: Cozy Mystery

This is a new series for me. Cece Caruso writes biographies and is obsessed with the old Perry Mason stories and his author Erle Stanley Gardner. Her investigation of Gardner leads her to a prisoner doing a life sentence for the murder of his wife. Years ago he pleaded with Gardner to help him prove his innocence, but he never received a response. Cece intends to find out why Gardner never called the man and she’s determined to prove the man’s innocence, even though the murder occurred 40 years ago.

Cece is a quirky character. Not only is she a Perry Mason addict, but she loves vintage clothes from the 1970’s. Recently divorced, she is trying to juggle a career, a daughter in a troubled marriage, a cat and a dog. I fell in love with Cece immediately. I found her intriguing and cleverly written. The next book in the series is “Not A Girl Detective” and features a Nancy Drew backdrop. This should be quite fun to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.