Saturday, May 31, 2008

Curveball by Kate Angell


Genre: Romance – Comedy

This is the second book in Kate Angell’s baseball series. It was good, but I didn’t think it was as good as the first one.

Three members of the Richmond Rogues are suspended as the baseball season gets underway for brawling with a fellow teammate. Their absence from the game is quite costly to their team and could cause them to lose their shot at a championship.

The leader of the bad boys is Psycho. At the insistence of the Richmond Historical Society, Psycho is forced to have his home renovated. Keely Douglas shows up on his doorstep claiming to be an interior decorator. Psycho is so anxious to get the historical society off his back that he hires Keely, even though he’s sure she lied about her abilities as a designer.

Romeo has to use his charms on a female reporter, after he has a run-in with her causing damage to her suit. Emerson Kent isn’t easy to win over and Romeo has his work cut out for him.

Chaser decides to spend his off time with the girl next door. Jen Reid happens to own the concession stands at the baseball stadium. After all these years, Chaser finds himself quite attracted to his lifelong friend.

Although there were some great one-liners in this book and some fun scenes, it was a bit hard to keep up with all three romances. I felt as if the author couldn’t devote enough time to each romance to truly develop each couple’s story properly. I did, however, enjoy re-visiting the Richmond Rogues and meeting up with some of the characters from the previous book. I’m still looking forward to the next book, Strike Zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.