Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Sunday Salon – It’s getting dark early now!




I loved getting the extra hour sleep last week, but I really do not like how dark it is when I leave work. At 5:00, it looks like 9:00. Yuck! Such is life – LOL!

I’ve been busy this week with audio books, review books and discussion books.

Audio books: Finished listening to Cat Stores by James Herriot. Check out my review here

Currently, I’m listening to The Queen of Babble in the Big City by Meg Cabot. It’s cute and I’m liking it more than the first one.

Book Discussions: I finished The Tale of Hill Top Farm by Susan Wittig Albert. The review is here I loved this book. I hope I have time to read the rest of the series.

Reviews: Currently I’m reading Wife in the North by Judith O’Reilly which is a memoir of the author having to uproot her family from the big city, London, to the country. So far, so good.

Upcoming reviews:

Like Glass by Matthew Corey
In The Land of Invisible Women by Qanta A. Ahmed, MD
Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Phillips
The Exchange by Inga C. Ellzey
The American Journey of Barack Obama by Editors of Life Magazine

It all seems a bit overwhelming when you see it in print, but I’m having a great time. I don’t think I will be able to complete all the reading challenges I’m in, but that’s okay 

I have a couple of book giveaways that are still underway, so don’t forget to enter. They end this week! The American Journey of Barack Obama ends on November 13th and Gods Behaving Badly ends on November 14th.

Socrates’ Book Reviews will also be participating in the noontime chat for Like Glass with J. Kaye’s Book Blog. I’m looking forward to that.

Hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. The early sunset is throwing me off, too. It makes it seem much, much later when I leave work. Blah.

    You've got some good books on tap for the next little bit. I hope you enjoy GODS BEHAVING BADLY; it's one of the funnest books I've read so far this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the time change. It's great to have the extra hour, but I don't like that it's growing dark as I drive home. On the plus side, It's not quite as dark in the mornings when I'm trying to manuever around the bedroom without waking my husband so I can get ready for work.

    It really is hard typing with a cat lying on my chest and part of my arm. I hate to move her thought. I love this attention. :-)

    Anyway, back to your post. It sounds like you have been able to fit in a lot of reading lately. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.