Monday, October 4, 2010

Musing Mondays - Comfy Cozy Reading



If you'd like to play along on Musing Mondays, just click the button above to join in.


This week’s musing asks…

What’s your favorite “cozy” book — and, by that, I’m meaning “curl-up-on-a-cold-day comfort read“? Or, if you don’t have a particular book, what genre do you most feel like reading when the weather starts to turn colder?

My answer...

It's not a particular book for me, it's a specific genre. I love my cozy mysteries. They always make me want to cuddle up with a cup of hot chocolate under the blankets in bed. I read them throughout the year, but winter, in particular, always feels like the perfect time to read them to me.

The other type would have to be a romance, but it would have to be one that is set during a storm or set during the winter. Those give me "warm fuzzies" too.

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

14 comments:

  1. I like cozy mysteries on cold rainy days also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My choice would probably be old faithfuls, preferably children's books. The Borrowers, Anne of Green Gables and The Children of Green Knowe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have several "cozy" books. Check out what I am Musing for Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, have been feeling like hell for 5 days now so yesterday I was all said and read a harlequin, I guess that answers it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet you'll have a cat or two curled up next to you, too! LOL

    Love the cat photo...it's perfect for a cold day, especially a Monday.

    Here's mine:

    Click my name for the URL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can read Graphic novels. Cozy for me!

    Right now, I am not reading anything. Massive slump!

    Here is my Monday post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cozy mysteries too! Though I prefer to read them in the summer. = )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photo!

    My cozy reading is usually fiction of some kind. Fun question this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. while I like 'cozies'...sometimes...I would not want a steady diet of them. No, I agree on the genre, but I like a much wider variety.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's definitely something wonderful about reading a mystery on a cold winter day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My answer would be mysteries too, although more along the traditional lines.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mysteries are great for cold weather days.

    Here's my MM this week: http://thebookscapereport.blogspot.com/2010/10/musing-mondays.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do enjoy a good mystery, especially on a cold winter night.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read classics.. generally children's classics. Favorites include A Little Princess and the Secret Garden, Narnia... generally shorter, easy reads if I'm looking for a comfort factor.

    www.onionsblog.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.