Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris




Genre: Paranormal
Publisher: Recorded Books
Release Date: May 2009
Format: Audio

This synopsis is from Barnes & Noble:

Now an HBO original series, True Blood-the New York Times bestselling Sookie Stackhouse series continues. Except for Sookie Stackhouse, folks in Bon Temps, Louisiana, know little about vamps-and nothing about weres. Until now. The weres and shifters have finally decided to reveal their existence to the ordinary world. At first all goes well. Then the mutilated body of a were-panther is found near the bar where Sookie works-and she feels compelled to discover who, human or otherwise, did it. But there's a far greater danger threatening Bon Temps. A race of unhuman beings-older, more powerful, and more secretive than vampires or werewolves-is preparing for war. And Sookie finds herself an all-too human pawn in their battle.

My thoughts...

I listened to the audio version of this, as I've done with this series all along, and I do enjoy listening in the car. It's like having old friends with me. I still would prefer to see more of the characters I've grown to love on the TV show (Eric, Bill, Jason, etc.)

Some of the new characters are interesting, though. I've heard there will be new characters added to the TV show so maybe I'll get to meet these characters on the show. I wonder how I would react to the books if I didn't already watch the TV show.

It might sound like I don't like the books, but I do. My problem is that I'm spending way too much time comparing it to the TV show. Big mistake. I shouldn't do that, but it's hard not to.

Anyway...I'm off to start the next one.




For reading challenges:

Audio Reading Challenge
Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.