Monday, February 10, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday - February 11th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm about to start reading...



A navy-blue colored, four-door sedan screeched into a secluded, abandoned warehouse park, which sat along the Delaware River in Burlington County, New Jersey. Three men, armed and dressed in black suits, stepped out of the vehicle. They had dark hair and sinister eyes. It was nearly midnight. There were dim lights illuminating a small area near where the car was parked, alongside the body of water. The asphalt was damp from a downpour earlier in the evening.

The largest of the men moved to the trunk of the car and opened it. He reached inside and pulled out a bound and gagged victim. The victim's name was Vinny Buttiglieri. His hands were tied behind his back and he was blindfolded. Vinny was forced to his knees and the gag was removed.


18 comments:

  1. I'd be curious about this one based on intro -- read more and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I'd read on. Sounds a bit violent, though I am used to reading thrillers. Just didn't want the beginning to be so stark.
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds interesting.
    Here is my teaser!
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/02/teaser-tuesdays-is-weekly-bookish-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The intro does grab me. I would continue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds awesome! I'll have to check it out. http://bookloverslife.blogspot.ie/2014/02/teaser-tuesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. The intro definitely got my attention. I'd take the bait and read on.

    My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/02/first-chapter-first-paragraph-49.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes, I'm biting my nails already, wanting to know what this is all about! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TUESDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  8. That title is awesome!

    :D

    I would pick it up....

    Here is my intro post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like something I would continue reading. Nice teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was definitely drawn in by these paragraphs. I'm wondering who's the good guy and who's the bad guy! Or are they all bad guys?
    My Teaser is from THE CALICO HEART.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well. It's definitely off to an intriguing start. Enjoy! My teaser: The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds intriguing to me, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2014/02/teaser-tuesday_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sinister eyed guys in NJ??!! No way!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear, it's not a book about accounting than :) I do like crime though and would consider this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This intro really does grab your attention.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great introduction. I'd like to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.