Monday, February 24, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - February 25th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...


"People are going to hate me if I do this," I said to Auntie KiKi. "They're going to cuss a blue streak and call me names and tell me to mind my own blankety-blank business and then slam the phone in my ear."

"Oh for crying in a bucket, Reagan." KiKi shoved a computer printout at me. "Time to put on your ironclad bloomers and dial the numbers on this here sheet. It's your very own mamma everyone in this room is trying to get elected to city council. Least you can do is tell folks what a fine alderman she'd be, and Lord knows the city needs her instead of the scum bucket running against her."


What do you think? Would you continue reading?

21 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if this book would be for me, but hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think I'd continue with this one, but I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an intro!! I would definitely pick it up....

    Here is my intro post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd keep reading for the humorous dialogue alone! My WoW:

    http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/02/first-chapter-first-paragraph-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That intro made me laugh. I love the dialogue and what it tells us about the characters. Yes, I'd keep reading.

    Here's MY TUESDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like it would be a fun book to read. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I don't blame Reagan for being wary. I developed a great loathing for political parties during the last big election, when I had to screen all phone calls for three months -- I was getting 3-5 calls a day! Hope you enjoy(ed) the book! My teaser: <a href="http://wordtrix.blogspot.com/2014/02/teaser-tuesday-208-dark-passage.html”>Dark Passage</a>

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol about "mind my own blankety-blank business". Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm...not sure why my links don't seem to be posting right today. The coding is right, and I usually have no problems on fellow bloggers sites. Dark Passage

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've also like the phrase blankety-blank business - sounds like the author got the humorous language just right. Not sure if the book would be for me though, but hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like it'll be funny book! Enjoy your reading, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like I've seen this before?? I'm not sure about it…would need more info.

    Here's Mine: http://www.sarahsbookshelves.com/fiction/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday-intros-dark-road-mercy-wiley-cash/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nope, can't get past the name Kiki...:) Hope you love it though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Participating for first time in FCFP Tuesday on account of you! :O) This book looks like a good one. Is it me or do many cozy mysteries have animals or food on the cover?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great dialogue! The author did a great job of showing their accents. This sounds like a fun story.
    My Teaser is from WILD.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would have to read it anyway as I am a character in the book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.