Sunday, February 16, 2014

Review: The Cat in the Window: And Other Stories of the Cats We Love by Callie Smith Grant


Genre:
Non-Fiction

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Revell

Release Date:
October 2013





This is a sweet collection of true stories written by various authors giving us a peek into their lives with their cats. It’s an uplifting book and gives you an inside look at cat behavior and how they react to their environment and different situations.

It touches on a wide variety of aspects from inside/outside cats, giving a cat a bath, a non-cat person quickly becoming a cat person, adoptions and rescues, and a wide variety of other topics are in this book. Some stories make you laugh, some make you smile and others just make you cry.

My favorite was probably about Buster, a Persian cat, whose story was told from his point-of-view. It gave us an inside look at how this fur baby faced adversity and came through with flying colors. It is called “Buster’s Heaven on Earth” by Cathy E. Watkins, but honestly, all the stories in this book are beautifully written and a joy to read.

I’m both a cat and animal lover, but I think this book will touch everyone’s heart.  It's a heartwarming, "feel good" book.




For reading challenges:
2014 ARC Reading Challenge
2014 E-Book Reading Challenge
2014 NetGalley Reading Challenge
2014 What An Animal Reading Challenge

FTC Disclosure: NetGalley provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

7 comments:

  1. I'd probably like this. I'm a sucker for cat stories,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge cat lover, but I have never read any cat stories before. This sounds pretty interesting. I'll have to give it a read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love cats and this sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds absolutely darling (aren't you glad I didn't say "purrfect"?)! I hadn't heard of this collection before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a sweet collection and I like the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D I love to read stories about people's pets. This sounds like a cute collection of short stories!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.