Monday, November 30, 2015

First Chapter Tuesdays/Teaser Tuesdays - December 1st


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?

http://adailyrhythm.com/

If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I'm currently reading...




First chapter...

"Did you hear what I said?"

I turned my attention to my ex-husband. "No." I leaned across the table we were sharing at Daphne's Trattoria, careful not to get eggplant parmigiana all over my new hot pink cashmere sweater. I dropped my voice to a whisper. "I'm trying to figure out what Calista and Trey are talking about. Can you believe they're dating?"

"Molly, right now I don't care if Justin Bieber is dating Madonna."


Teaser...

"I know! I can't believe Trey would do something like that," Olivia declared. "I think I'd be more than a little nervous if I were Calista or the Jandellas. What if Trey decides to carry out his threats? Next time it could be a real gun."



What do you think? Would you continue reading?

13 comments:

  1. I'm a cozy fan, so yes I'd likely keep reading. Always interesting when a ex-spouse is involved.

    I'm playing (with a giveaway) at Beth Fish Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect for a December read Yvonne - enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this looks like fun! And do I spy a basset hound on the cover?

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds very cozy indeed! I'm interested in this one.
    Here's my TT for the week: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2015/12/teaser-tuesdaysfirst-chapter-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you imagine if Justin Bieber and Madonna really were dating? That would be too weird. Now you've got that thought in my head. Haha

    I do like the opening and teaser you shared, Yvonne. I wonder what Trey is so upset about . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely curious about the story...and I always enjoy the covers. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE GUEST ROOM”

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting opening and teaser. Here are mine from The King's Curse by Philippa Gregory: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-12O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cozies are so much fun! I like the interaction between the woman and her ex-husband -- "Did you hear what I said?" -- realistic dialogue.
    My Tuesday post features the Rawhide ‘n Roses anthology.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds good. I enjoy cozies when I get a chance to read them. My teaser this week comes from Secret Sisters by Jayne Ann Krentz. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And another series to add to my TBR! Love the sound of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I'm intrigued. Love how current it is in the intro.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the beginning. It's funny. Had to laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.