Saturday, November 21, 2015

Review: The Library: Where Life Checks Out by Carmen DeSousa


About the Book

Genre: Mystery, Paranormal
Format: Audio
Publisher: Carmen DeSousa
Release Date: August 2015



Synopsis from Goodreads:

When Mark Waters decided to be a detective, he didn't plan to investigate ghosts.

But as he sifts through evidence of a supposed suicide by train, he learns a murder that took place eighty years ago may directly affect his case.

Six months after the strange occurrences at The Depot, there’s another murder. This time, The Library holds secrets of several murders, and the dead won’t rest until the murderer checks out too.

My Review

This is two books in one. The Depot is a short story, followed by The Library. It’s an interesting murder mystery with paranormal aspects. At first it was difficult to keep straight while listening to it in the car. It’s tricky to listen to books with both paranormal aspects and time shifts involved, but as the story moved along, I became more involved.

This story has a nice blend of mystery, ghosts and romance. It had my interest and kept me entertained during my commute to and from work.

The narrator, Michelle Babb, does an excellent job of keeping the flow of the story moving at a nice pace. She always has the perfect storytelling voice. It makes for a very easy listening experience.




FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

5 comments:

  1. Yvonne, I'm glad you enjoyed these paranormal stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A paranormal mystery involving a ghosts and a library? I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reading--and reviewing. And for no spoilers! I love those types of reviews.

    And yes, I agree, The Library is a pretty intricate mystery for only listening, but I did enjoy Michelle's narration.

    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate spoilers in reviews, so I never do those type :)

      I love Michelle's narration. I've heard other books that she has done and I can listen to her all day.

      I'm looking forward to reading more of your books. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.