Monday, June 4, 2018

First Chapter Tuesday/Teaser Tuesday - June 5th


Every Tuesday Vicki at I'd Rather Be At the Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...




First Chapter...

I think I am dead. Yet I smell the blooming evening primrose and hear the throaty chirps and creaky rattles of the purple martins flitting home across the marsh. I see their sleek iridescent bodies gliding against the bloodred sunset sky, through the blackened Corinthian columns and crumbling chimneys of Carrowmore. The house is named after a legendary thin place, far away in Ireland.


Teaser...

My sweet baby girl. The daughter who'd always desperately wanted to be just like me.

What do you think? Would you keep reading?

9 comments:

  1. I would keep reading. I've seen this one around and become quite curious about it. This week I am featuring The Body in the Ballroom by R. J. Koreto - a historical mystery from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just downloaded this book today, and I've been waiting for it forever, it seems. Can't wait to start reading it. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “MANHATTAN BEACH”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd definitely keep reading this one!

    Here is mine. It's not my usual choice, but interesting nevertheless : http://bit.ly/2LXr9ke

    Happy Tuesday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting intro, and that is great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that beginning - of course I could be a bit biased because I really loved the book! Definitely worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My reviewer Susan read it recently and enjoyed it. I think it sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it, i'd keep reading and a cool over as well. Here's mine:
    https://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2018/06/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday.html?showComment=1528235262848#c9052896465444516782

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seen this book around a lot! hope you enjoy the read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an interesting opening paragraph. On one hand it seems sad, on the other hand it seems funny and over dramatic. I hope its the second. Enjoy Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.