Tuesday, June 12, 2018

First Chapter Tuesday/Teaser Tuesday - June 12th


Every Tuesday Vicki at I'd Rather Be At the Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I haven't started reading this yet but I'm hoping to read it sometime this summer...




First Chapter...

Prologue

October 1941

The three young women stared down at the hole they'd just dug. Their gauzy pastel dresses were rumpled and slightly damp, and the heels of their dainty sandals made them teeter precariously on the rounded oyster shell mound. Their faces were flushed and shiny with perspiration. The fourth in the circle was only a girl of fourteen, dressed in a hand-me-down set of boy's overalls and a pair of worn leather shoes, her eyes wide with terror in a smooth, toffee colored face. The first shafts of sunlight shone softly through the thick intertwined branches of moss-hung live oaks.

Teaser...

"Nobody's going to find out," the redhead said. "We swore, didn't we?"

What do you think? Would you keep reading?

12 comments:

  1. The cover makes me think this is a great beach book! lol

    Here's mine: http://bit.ly/TTues4

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book! I hope you do, too. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “EDUCATED”

    ReplyDelete
  3. My reviewer Susan read this book and enjoyed it. It looks really good. See what we are featuring at GIrl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great descriptive opener! Here's mine for this week: http://bit.ly/2MmYiGz

    ReplyDelete
  5. After seeing the cover, the first chapter surprised me. They don't seem to go together. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound intriguing. The cover doesn't seem to match the beginning though. This week I am featuring A Merciful Silence by Kendra Elliot. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure sounds different from what I was expecting after looking at the cover. Curious about it now.

    My TT from A Big Little Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you like this book as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd keep on reading for a bit on the strength of the cover. Here's my link for this week: https://wp.me/p4DMf0-1Cu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I want to keep reading this one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so good! I'd definitely keep reading. I'm actually hoping to pick this up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.