Saturday, November 30, 2019

2020 Craving for Cozies Reading Challenge - Sign Up


2020 Craving For Cozies Reading Challenge
JUST FOR FUN!

Another challenge I always enjoy.  It's hosted by Escape with Dollycas.  I'm going with the Peckish level and will read 25 cozy mysteries.  I will keep track of them here.

Cozy mysteries, also referred to simply as “cozies”, are a sub-genre of crime fiction mysteries in which sex and violence are downplayed or treated humorously, and the crime and detection take place in a small, socially intimate community. The crime-solver is an amateur sleuth, usually but not always a woman, who is thrust into the aftermath of the murder. The protagonist frequently has an occupation or hobby that brings appealing information to the reader.

The challenge runs from January 1, 2020, and ends December 31, 2020.

Rules

1. Choose the level of which you would like to participate:

Levels
Peckish – 1 – 25 Cozy Mysteries
Famished – 26 – 51 Cozy Mysteries
Yearning – 51 – 75 Cozy Mysteries
Starving – 76 – 100 Cozy Mysteries
Ravenous – 101 – 125 Cozy Mysteries
Voracious – 126 – 150 Cozy Mysteries
Overindulged – 151 – 200 Cozy Mysteries
Pigged Out – 201 or more Cozy Mysteries

You can always go up a level but you can’t go down.

2. You can Feed Your Need To Read with print, digital or audiobooks.

3. You do not have to post a review but the authors would appreciate it if you did. If you need help just let me know.

4. You do not need to have a blog to participate. If you do have a blog, take the button above, put it on your blog and post about the challenge.

5. Join the Craving for Cozies Facebook Group here and share your progress with everyone.

6. Follow Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book for cozy giveaways and reviews.

7. You can keep track any way you wish. You can even set up a special shelf on Goodreads.com to help you keep track! It is super easy, Just click the MY BOOKS tab at the top of the page. When that page opens just click – ADD A SHELF in the left-hand sidebar. Title it Craving for Cozies Challenge and you are all set.

1. The House That Vanity Built by Nancy Cole Silverman (Click here to read my review.)

2. And Then There Were Crumbs by Eve Calder (Click here to read my review.)

3.  Chili Cauldron Curse by Lynn Cahoon (Click here to read my review.)

4. Still Knife Painting by Cheryl Hollon (Click here to read my review.)

5.  Risky Whiskey by Lucy Lakestone (Click here to read my review.)

6. Peach Scream by Anna Gerard (Click here to read my review.)

7. Fowl Murder by Victoria Tait (Click here to read my review.)

8.  Wrecked By Rum by Lucy Lakestone (Click here to read my review.)

9.  To Coach A Killer by Victoria Laurie (Click here to read my review.)

10. Killer Spring Fling by Mollie Cox Bryan (Click here to read my review.)

11.  A Case of Cat and Mouse by Sofie Kelly (Click here to read my review.)

12.  Vexed by Vodka by Lucy Lakestone (Click here to read my review.)

13.  Masquerade Murder by Mollie Cox Bryan (Click here to read my review.)

14.  The Tell Tail Heart by Cate Conte (Click here to read my review.)

15.  A Whisker of a Doubt by Cate Conte (Click here to read my review.)

16.  Magic, Mistletoe & Murder by Ruby Blaylock (Click here to read my review.)

17.  The Secret on Rum Runner's Lane by Melissa Bourbon (Click here to read my review.)

18. The Candy Cane Killer by Alice Webb (Click here to read my review.)

19.  Deadly Summer Nights by Vicki Delany (Click here to read my review.)

20.

21.

22.

23.

24.

25.


4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun challenge. How do you go about finding books in that genre though? I know my local book store does not have a "cozies" section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can search for "cozy mystery" on google or Goodreads. You'll get a ton of titles. You'd be able to find them in libraries and bookstores under "mystery".

      Delete
  2. Love this can't wait to join. From Traffic Jam weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm joining up for sure. I've just recently become addicted to the Cozy Mysteries. I was happy to find this post on Traffic Jam Weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.