Monday, August 16, 2021

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros/Teaser Tuesdays - August 17th



It's Tuesday!  It's time to share your excerpts and teasers from books we are currently reading, have read or are planning to read.  So, feel free to join us by sharing the first paragraph or (a few) of a book you are reading or thinking about reading soon.  This meme is guaranteed to increase your TBR :)



Please link your blog post using Mr. Linky below. Make sure the link you enter is the direct link to your Tuesday post, not the main link to your blog. Thank you!



I, also, participate and link up to Teaser Tuesdays.  Here's info about that meme:

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


* Grab your current read

* Open to a random page

* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



This is on my wishlist.  It looks like a good cozy mystery.


First Chapter... 

Prologue:  Sass in Diamond Springs

I live for the avant-garde, but I won't die for a trend - especially an ill-fitted corset.  Modeling jobs range from excellent to egregious in the fashion world, but the agency makes all the difference.  So, while fashion week in Milan and Paris were both world-class experiences, a photo shoot for an up-and-coming starter magazine in New York had me thinking my agent was out of her mind.  

Teaser...

What pushed me over the edge was the pure and unadulterated apathy I'd witnessed when a friend and fellow model became ill.  

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Local Shoe Store Owner Implicated in Shoplifter's Death Quitting the catwalk for a quieter life, former model, Kaitlynn Sasse, returns home to Diamond Springs to find her friends all striving for success. Ava Price, one of Kait’s best besties, has just started a new shoe line for her store, Sensational Soles, that is sure to beat her competitor, GlamShoe Maven. But, when a shoplifter dies with a stolen pair of prototype heels on her feet, Ava becomes the prime suspect. Kait wants to help by hiring private investigator Aeson East, but he won’t take a case until he can find a new assistant. Could Kait be the right sleuth for the job? Or is the world of modeling too alluring to kiss goodbye forever? 

 


What do you think? Would you keep reading?




7 comments:

  1. Sounds really good, and I like that it's the first book in a new series.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the snappy writing in the excerpts. Sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fun and I like the teasers! I love mysteries involving clothes and fashion so I think I'd enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one I would skip, not into fashion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't really scream "read me" for me, but I hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.