Friday, September 9, 2022

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - September 9th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


This looks good.  I'm hoping to read this soon.





First Chapter

Thirty-Seven Years Ago

Annie Williams couldn't believe that she'd actually been invited to study at the prestigious Paris Opera Ballet after she graduated high school.  

From 56% on my e-reader...(Since this is a short novella, I'm taking the teaser from 16% on my Kindle)

Besides, Annie's one true love was ballet; it was the love that made her heart feel like it could float out of her body.



Synopsis from Goodreads...

“You cannot shield a heart from pain forever, Annie.”

The invitation to study at the prestigious Paris Opera Ballet changes eighteen-year-old Annie Williams’ life forever.

Freshly graduated from high school and ready to put a dead-end relationship behind her, Annie is prepared to spread her wings and conquer the dancing world.

Roger Davies, kind, handsome, with a heart of gold – everything a girl her age could ever want in a boyfriend – never really swept her off her feet.
Annie’s one true love would always be ballet.

Or so she thought…

When local celebrity and rising hockey star Tom Howard crashes into her life like a meteor, everything he offers feels so right.

Tom falls for her the day he sees her float across her dance studio floor and right into his heart.

But little does Annie know, her pursuit of a lifelong dream is about to go up in smoke in the blink of an eye.

As the pain of her broken dreams and ripped-apart heart flood in waves to drown her, Annie fears she might never reach the surface after this…

Introducing the Manatee Bay series, a brand-new adventure where sun-soaked beaches, dreams, love, and courage to believe in it create bonds and memories to last a lifetime…

This is the Prequel to the Treasure Seeker Beach Romance series.

What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



12 comments:

  1. I can really sense the disappointment and heartache to come from those quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good one for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'd love to sit in a hammock-chair like that looking at the sea right now! Ballet is stunning so no wonder it is her one big love! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a lovely weekend :) Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister took ballet and I climbed trees... lol... Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty good beginning. I need t go somewhere that looks like Manatee Bay too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy this one when you get a chance to read it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That one sounds different- in a good way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Paris/ballet/ manatees don't seem to be something one would expect in the same sentence. I think I missed something. Ha!
    My novel this week is DEACON KING KONG The book is as good as the title!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An interesting looking book. I love the cover - I want to be on that chair!

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/09/10/friday-56-american-royals-by-katharine-mcgee/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope she gets from ballet to the beach and Manatee Bay eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where's the beach in this ballet? Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure this is for me but you can definitely get the feel of the main character from the teasers you shared.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.