About the Book
My Review
Maddie James’ is doing well with her cat cafe on Daybreak Island. When Olivia McAllister books an event at the cafe for her granddaughter, Maddie wants to make sure everything is perfect. Olivia happens to be an old childhood friend of her mother’s which makes it even more important.
Maddie and her mother head over to Olivia’s house to finalize the arrangements. They are more than stunned when a white and gray cat shows Maddie to a secret room. Sadly, she finds Olivia there and she is very much dead. Maddie can’t help wondering if Olivia’s death is connected to her aunt’s disappearance 40 years ago. And where did the mysterious cat go?
Maddie and her grandfather set out to find a killer. Maybe even solve an old cold case while they are at it.
The characters are well written, and the story moves at a fast pace. I love Maddie’s relationship with her family, especially her grandfather. They make quite the sleuthing pair. Of course, I’m a huge fan of the setting - a cat cafe? Yes, I’m here for it. I wish I owned one.
The author threw in many potential suspects. I kept changing my mind throughout the book about whodunit. I was captivated until the end. The cold case connected to the current case made it even more intriguing.
This is the tenth book in the series. It’s always fun to revisit favorite cozy characters and towns. I previously have only read books #1-4. I don’t normally jump ahead in a series, but I couldn’t resist this one. I’m so glad because it’s another good entry into this series. I do vow to eventually catch up and read the ones I missed.
For reading challenges:
What An Animal Reading Challenge 2026
Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge 2026
Cloak & Dagger Reading Challenge 2026
NetGalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge 2026
Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed a free Advance Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!
After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.
Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.