Saturday, June 12, 2010

P.A.C.E. The 12-Minute Fitness Revolution by Al Sears, MD




Genre: Non-Fiction, Self-Help

Does 12 minutes of activity a day to improve your health sound like a good deal? In this day and age where we’re all busy and on the go, 12 minutes sounds like a pleasure to me. In this book, Dr. Al Sears shows readers why you don’t need to spend hours upon hours working out to lose weight and feel healthy. In fact, according to Dr. Sears, long workouts are actually more detrimental than helpful.

Dr. Sears explains why everything we have always been led to believe is far from the truth. His book shows why cario and aerobics can make you old before your time. It is based on the theory that your lungs shrink with age. The more cardio exercises you do, the smaller and weaker your lungs become.

It’s an interesting concept and Dr. Sears fitness program sounds plausible. The book is written in a clear, concise format along with several studies to support Dr. Sears’ theory. It makes for a very interesting read and gives you quite a bit to think about. The book, also, includes several testimonials from others who have used this program and succeeded. The first step is to put aside all the things you’ve been told about exercising in the past and open your mind to a new concept. You might just find that it works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.