Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays - June 29th



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading



Pam pulled her knees into her chest and wrapped her arms around her legs. "In some ways, I've done the same with my mom. Although I've invited her here several times, I never really insisted that she come." She looked at her husband. "Do you think we've been selfish in not wanting to share Montis with anyone?"

Mark didn't reply immediately. "Not intentionally, but maybe," he finally said. "What we have here is so great, and we've built so many good relationships in Lumby, maybe some of our more casual friends from the past just got a little more distant. But this is good; inviting our families to join us as we celebrate our anniversary might be the fresh start that we need to bring them back into our lives."

"But having them all here, together, for an entire week?"

Mark took his wife's hand in his and held it tightly. "I think you're obsessing just a little."

Pam frowned and gently pulled free of his grasp. "Obsessing, am I? May I remind you that you haven't seen one of your sisters since you sued her husband, who stole a quarter of a million dollars from you?"

"Okay, seeing Lynn after all this time would be a little awkward. But I'm sure she won't have the nerve to show up."

"Even though she RSVP'd that she is planning on coming?"

8 comments:

  1. Your book sounds like it has a lot of family drama. That really would be awkward. My teaser is from Knightley Academy by Violet Haberdasher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotta start this series! Here is my teaser and review. Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found out what Lumby was a few minutes ago. I'm on the fence on this one. But, a fun teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh-oh! Sounds like some fireworks ahead. What a great teaser. I'll have to give this one a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked this book, especially Lynn's story line. :) Hope you're liking it! My teasers are at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover of that book. An interesting section to share, I especially love the last couple of sentences...

    "Okay, seeing Lynn after all this time would be a little awkward. But I'm sure she won't have the nerve to show up."

    "Even though she RSVP'd that she is planning on coming?"

    Brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! I hope you will check out mine for Stephanie Meyer's latest novel The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner! Also, if you check back on my blog this Friday I have huge news about the novels I had been submitting to agents/publishers!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.