Saturday, August 13, 2011

Glazed Murder by Jessica Beck





Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Publisher:
St. Martin’s Minotaur Books

Format:
Ebook (available as paperback as well)

Release Date:
March 2010

Suzanne Hart owns her own donut shop, Donut Hearts, in the small town of April Springs in North Carolina. She continues to be pursued by her ex-husband, Max, and she lives with her overly protective mother. She works crazy long hours in her donut shop, but things turn even crazier when one of her customers is tossed at her front door. Problem is – he’s very much dead!

The problem with small towns is that everyone knows everything. When people learn that the shop had been a crime scene, everyone wants details and everyone is a suspect. Against everyone’s advice, Suzanne does some investigating on her own. She wants her name off the suspect list and she doesn’t want her quaint little shop associated with murder.

The characters in this book were all fun. Suzanne is a strong character who has no intentions of backing down. Her ex-husband is not very likeable, but he's not supposed to be :) She also has a hot new love interest in the state police officer assigned to her case. Her mother may be overly protective, but she's loveable and truly cares about her daughter. There's the nosy neighbor and the retired cop watching Suzanne's back, too.

This is a quick, light read which tosses mystery, romance and humor all into one fun package. Another fun cozy read for me. I just love finding “new-to-me” authors. Each chapter ended with a donut recipe. I was crazing donuts throughout the entire book, but I resisted! LOL!

I already have the second book, “Fatally Frosted” on my wishlist.




Disclosure: I read this book from my own collection for my own enjoyment.

3 comments:

  1. This is one series I've been thinking about starting. It sounds really good. Thanks for the fun review!

    If you like new cozy series and authors, I've got a new giveaway starting today for A Sheetcake Named Desire. It's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love hearing about the cozy mysteries you have read! There is always something homely about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Cozies. But it has been a while since I read something really good. This sounds like something I will definitely like. Adding it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.