Monday, October 17, 2011

Musing Mondays - Book Covers




If you'd like to play along on Musing Mondays, just click the button above to join in.


This week’s musing asks…

Do you judge a book by its cover?

My answer...

I won't say I judge books by its cover, but I do like looking at pretty covers (which is why I started my weekend cover art meme).

On one hand, I've bought many books simply because I loved the cover, but a bad cover never stopped me from buying a book that was recommended to me. Or even if I'm browsing in a bookstore and I see a bad cover, I'll pick it up to read the back cover blurb out of curiosity. If it appeals to me, I'll still get it regardless of the cover.

I don't let a bad cover stop me from getting a book I'm interested in, but there are times I scratch my head and wonder why they used some of these covers in the first place.

funny pictures - It's only for string.
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

5 comments:

  1. I'm the same way, a pretty cover helps, but bad ones won't keep me from reading the book if I'm interested.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/10/musing-mondays_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. "judge" may be too strong a word, but I think the cover is another factor in whether we pick up a book or pass it over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love a good-looking cover, but I don't judge books by their covers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a good-looking cover, but I don't judge books by their covers. :)
    that much

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never bought a book cos of a cover, but a pretty cover has made me pick up a book and then perhaps buy it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.