Thursday, December 29, 2016

Review: Agatha Raisin and the Busy Body by M.C. Beaton


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
AudioGo

Release Date:
October 12, 2010







Synopsis from Goodreads:

Christmas falls on a Sunday ...

A blood-curdling scream stirs Agatha Raisin from her surreptitious slumbers at the Christmas meeting of Carsely's Ladies' Society. In a holly bush in the vicarage grounds, Mr Sunday, an officer from the local health and safety board, is found dead. It seems his latest ruling against a Christmas tree atop the church tower may have been the last straw for the health-and-safety-hounded villagers.

If festive cheer is to return to Carsely, Agatha must find the killer fast. But with so many people having threatened the life of the victim, it's almost impossible to know where to start.

My Review

I admit that I did take a break from the series for awhile. Sometimes the books seem to feel too familiar so a break can be a good thing to revitalize my interest. Although I always enjoy visiting Agatha Raisin, it still felt too familiar to me. Maybe it’s a case of listening to too many in a short space of time.

I did like listening to it just before Christmas since the setting is Christmas time. It is also nice to re-visit old friends from Carsely. It’s not a bad mystery, just not a favorite. I’ll keep going with the series though.




I borrowed the audio from the library. All opinions expressed are my own.

For Reading Challenge:

I Love Library Books Reading Challenge 2016

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.