Friday, December 30, 2016

Review: Leonard: My Fifty-Year Friendship with a Remarkable Man by William Shatner

Genre:
Non-Fiction

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Macmillon Audio

Release Date:
February 2016




Synopsis from Goodreads:

Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner first crossed paths as actors on the set of The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Little did they know that their next roles as Spock and Captain Kirk, in a new science-fiction television series, would shape their lives in ways no one could have anticipated. In seventy-nine television episodes ofStar Trek and six feature films, they grew to know each other more than most friends could ever imagine.

Over the course of half a century, Shatner and Nimoy saw each other through personal and professional highs and lows. In this powerfully emotional book, Shatner tells the story of a man who was his friend for five decades, recounting anecdotes and untold stories of their lives on and off set, as well as gathering stories from others who knew Nimoy well, to present a full picture of a rich life.

As much a biography of Nimoy as a story of their friendship,Leonard is a uniquely heartfelt audiobook written and read by one legendary actor in celebration of another.

My Review

I loved listening to this book. Perhaps it’s because I’m a huge Star Trek fan, as well as a fan of both actors. I’ve heard all the rumors and the rifts about the Star Trek original series cast members and I have no idea what is true or not. After all, I wasn’t there.  I tend to look at this through rose colored glasses.   Of course this is all told from Shatner’s point of view, but since he’s the author, who else’s point of view would it be?   LOL

If you aren’t a Star Trek fan, I can’t imagine this book would interest you in any way. I wouldn’t have listened to it if I wasn’t a fan.

I simply enjoyed listening to this book for what it was – one man’s tribute to another.



For reading challenges:
I Love Libraries Reading Challenge 2016

Disclosure: I borrowed the audio from my library. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.