Tuesday, January 24, 2017

First Chapter Tuesday/Teaser Tuesday - January 24th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?




If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...




First Chapter...

Linny's heartbeat galloped under her life jacket as they shot down the rapids of the Ocasoula River. Eyes wide, she watched as their orange raft careened toward a jagged boulder, bumped it hard, and spun them toward a patch of choppy water. As the water rushed around the three of them - Linny, her new husband Jack, and their beautiful, Ms. Outward Bound-type goddess of a river guide - they dug deep and paddled hard, straining to pull through the eddy. With a whoosh, they were pulled backward down the roaring foaming river.

Teaser...

Linny loved saying my husband. She'd probably said it too many times over the three days of this honeymoon.

What do you think? Would you keep reading?

14 comments:

  1. I'd read more of this book! It sounds like it is full of adventure. I will change my Memes page as this meme has a new host now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of this one, though I don't think I'd like to 'run the rapids'. I'd keep reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cover. I want to hold it.

    Mine this week is from a Tom Clancy Jack Ryan novel: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-1bg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it's probably a sweet story with some adventure thrown in. My Teaser is from The Fifth Petal by Brunonia Barry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good read, although contemporary isn't usually my choice.

    Here's what I'm reading this week: http://bit.ly/2jUQ7VN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, what a crazy ride! Something I would enjoy reading about, but never do. lol.

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “LILLIAN BOXFISH TAKES A WALK”

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd keep reading! Enjoy :)

    I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2017/01/teaser-tuesday-crafty-killing-12417.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd read some more if only to find out where it's going but it certainly sounds full of adventure. Do I detect a bit of ominous foreshadowing at the end there? Here's my link for this week — a bit repulsive I'm afraid: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1t1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not usually a fan of this genre but it does sound interesting! Enjoy it! Have a nice week.
    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the writing.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm, not sure but, I don't think it's for me. I appreciate you joining us and sharing this week. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun! I love how sweet the teaser is though the beginning is not at all sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a light-hearted and fun read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.