Saturday, January 21, 2017

Review: The Bachelor Auction by Rachel Van Dyken


Genre:
Romance

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Forever

Release Date:
Mass Paperback (1/31/17)
E-Book (10/4/16)






Synopsis from Goodreads:

Cinderella never had to deal with this crap.

Jane isn't entirely sure that Cinderella got such a raw deal. Sure, she had a rough start, but didn't she eventually land a prince and a happily-ever-after? Meanwhile, Jane is busy waiting on her demanding, entitled sisters, running her cleaning business, and . . . yep, not a prince in sight. Until a party and a broken shoe incident leave Jane wondering if princes---or at least, a certain deliciously hunky billionaire---maybe do exist.

Except Brock Wellington isn't anyone's dream guy. Hell, a prince would never agree to be auctioned off in marriage to the highest bidder. Or act like an arrogant jerk---even if it was just a façade. Now, as Brock is waiting for the auction chopping block, he figures it's karmic retribution that he's tempted by a sexy, sassy woman he can't have. But while they can't have a fairy-tale ending, maybe they can indulge in a little bit of fantasy . .

My Review

The Bachelor Auction is the first book in The Bachelors of Arizona series and what a first book it is! This story is a variation on the Cinderella theme complete with two evil step-sisters.

This is the first book I read by this author and she has immediately become a “must read” author for me. I will definitely be checking out her backlist.

It’s a full length novel that flew by quickly for me. I adored Jane and Brock. They have a ton of chemistry.  There were sparks flying everywhere. It’s a story filled with humor, emotion and much romance. Any book that leaves me with tears in my eyes is a good one.  I enjoyed every minute of this story.



For reading challenges:
Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge 2017

FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.