Tuesday, September 26, 2017

First Chapter Tuesday/Teaser Tuesday - September 26th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?




If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...





First Chapter...

Since I moved to the cozy town of Wetumpka, Alabama, I get a lot of grief for my posh British accent. Of course, most of the humans I run across can't hear me, but the local felines are vainglorious creatures. While many are cultured and well fed, they fail to appreciate that to my refined ears, they sound like Foghorn Leghorn or some refugee from Gone with the Wind. By the time they finish a sentence I've had lunch and a nap.

Teaser...

One of the side effects of binge watching Cumberbatch as Sherlock is that I grew up speaking in a British accent.

What do you think? Would you keep reading?

10 comments:

  1. I instantly fell in love with the narrator, her attitude, and her observations. Putting this on my to read list right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I forgot. mine is here: https://wordsandpeace.com/2017/09/26/first-chapter-first-paragraph-and-book-beginnings-the-frenchman/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to know more about the plot before I'd read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds like fun! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE STOLEN MARRIAGE”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I agree, this one sounds fun and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure about reading a book narrated by a cat, although I do like that she/he was raised by way of Cumberbatch's voice! Sounds like fun. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last sentence of the first chapter made me laugh. I like the teaser too. This sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of the cat with an accent getting grief from other cats! This looks fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.