Saturday, February 3, 2018

Review: Cowboy Seal Homecoming by Nicole Helm


Genre:
Romance

Format:
Audio Book

Publisher:
Tantor Audio

Release Date:
January 2, 2018






Synopsis from Goodreads:

Alex Maguire never thought he'd go home again. The perfect soldier, the perfect leader, he's spent his whole life running away from Blue Valley, Montana-but when a tragic accident bounces him and two of his men out of the SEALs, there's nowhere left to turn but the ranch he used to call his own . . . and the confusing, innocently beguiling woman who now lives there. Becca Denton's like nothing he could have imagined. She's far too tempting for her own good, but when she offers to help turn the ranch into a haven for injured veterans, he can't exactly say no. He'll just need to keep his distance. But something in her big green eyes makes Alex want to set aside the mantle of the perfect soldier and discover the man he could have been . . . safe and whole within the shelter of her arms. Contains mature themes.

My Review

Alex Maguire is heading home to Montana. His father passed away and left him the family ranch. He’s not going home alone, though. He’s bring along some of his buddies who served with him as SEALs.  Each man is dealing with his own issues and Montana just might be the perfect place to do it.

Becca Denton is Alex’s step-sister. Her step-father left half the ranch in Montana to her. When Alex returns home, she offers to help him set the ranch up as a sanctuary for injured veterans. It’s not an easy task as Alex and his fellow SEALs have quite a bit to handle from emotional to physical problems. Becca is determined to help them.

Alex and Becca find themselves growing closer and closer. Even though they are step-siblings, they didn’t grow up together and were never close. So, a romantic relationship between them works very well.

I enjoyed listening to this on audio. The narrator does a great job of storytelling and fits the characters very well.  The story is filled with romance and drama.  It was a good diversion to listen to while commuting.

I’m hoping the author revisits this setting with stories about Alex’s friends. They each have a story to tell and I want to read all about it.



For reading challenges:
Audio Book Reading Challenge 2018
Literary Escapes Reading Challenge 2018 (Montana)

Disclosure: I borrowed this audio book from the library. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.