Saturday, December 12, 2020

Review: Magic, Mistletoe & Murder by Ruby Blaylock






Genre:
Paranormal, Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
JB Woods

Release Date:
February 23, 2018





Synopsis from Goodreads:

Meet the witches of Country Acres Coven, Kensleigh Landing East, where the suburbs and the supernatural just happen to overlap.

Mischa, Ellie, and Poe are more than just best friends and neighbors—they also form a coven of witches living right in the middle of a sleepy suburban town in North Carolina. They make the perfect neighborhood watch and always have an eye on what’s going on in their town. So, when a blonde bombshell with a mysterious past moves in, they’re understandably curious. Especially when, hours later, another neighbor drops dead.

Did their new neighbor murder their old one? Or did someone else want grumpy Edith Whitlow dead?

It’s up to the witches to solve Edith’s murder, but with PTA meetings, full-time jobs, and two talking cats underfoot, can they catch the culprit in time for their annual Christmas party?

If you're a fan of funny witches and (sometimes) desperate housewives, you'll love this!

This is a short, fun read that introduces the characters in the Suburban Witch series. This short origin story originally appeared in the anthology, 'Spells and Jinglebells'.

Suburban Witch Series reading order:

Magic, Mistletoe, & Murder
Demons Don't Play Fair
Spells Like Teen Spirit (Short story)


My Review 

This is a short prequel to the Suburban Witch Series. It’s a great introduction to the characters. The witches, Mischa, Ellie and Poe are lively, quirky characters. There are also two talking cats. What could be better for me?

Their mean, elderly neighbor is found dead. The prime suspect is their new beautiful blonde neighbor. The three witches want answers and intend to get them. The mystery itself wasn’t too complex, but it’s the perfect read when you want to relax for a couple of hours.

It reminded me a bit of the old Bewitched comedy TV series. I found this to be a fun, cute read and I’m looking forward to reading more in this series. I feel as if I already know the main players and want to check up on them.



For reading challenges:
The Purrfect Reading Challenge 2020
Craving for Cozies Reading Challenge 2020


Disclosure: This one is from my own Kindle library collection. All opinions expressed are my own.


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.