Monday, February 8, 2021

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros/Teaser Tuesdays - February 9th



It's Tuesday!  It's time to share your excerpts and teasers from books we are currently reading, have read or are planning to read.  So, feel free to join us by sharing the first paragraph or (a few) of a book you are reading or thinking about reading soon.  This meme is guaranteed to increase your TBR :)



Please link your blog post using Mr. Linky below. Make sure the link you enter is the direct link to your Tuesday post, not the main link to your blog. Thank you!



I, also, participate and link up to Teaser Tuesdays.  Here's info about that meme:

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


* Grab your current read

* Open to a random page

* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



I just started reading this one.  The excerpts are from the 
        E-ARC.





First Chapter... 

Prologue

"After Tuesday there will be a lot of unhappy people around.  I'm sure they never expected me to actually go through with it.  Maybe I should invest in a bulletproof vest, ha ha."

Teaser...

Well, at two p.m. Tuesday, the world would know two things:  the writing team of McCambridge and Sanders was no more, and Marlene McCambridge was no person to screw around with.  Or tell your innermost secrets to.


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Nick and Nora are back in a tantalizing new mystery that’s far more dangerous than a game of cat and mouse . . .

Never one to turn away from a challenge—even when it goes against her better judgment—Nora Charles can hardly say no when an old friend of her mother’s comes to town seeking her help. The author of steamy romances has learned that her writing partner is severing their relationship and threatening to reveal dark and dirty secrets in a tell-all, and she pleads with Nora to intervene. Reluctantly agreeing to help, Nora pays a visit to the writing partner, ready to make her case—right up until the moment she discovers the woman’s lifeless body.

With the police convinced that Nora’s friend is the culprit, she and Nick begin delving into the dead woman’s past and her provocative tell-all. It soon becomes apparent that the woman had a knack for digging up dirt and wasn’t shy about exposing skeletons in closets, and before long Nora has a seemingly endless list of suspects who were at risk of having their darkest secrets revealed. With a police force intent on throwing the book at Nora’s friend and time running out, she and Nick must outwit a dangerous killer before they take their own secrets to the grave . . .



What do you think? Would you keep reading?

10 comments:

  1. Ah, this one is definitely calling to me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have books with gorgeous covers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome!!! Clever cover really helps draw me in. Here is my Tuesday Teaser post. With a review and interview with Luanne Rice. Stay safe and well x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed another book by this author, so I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most excellent! We want to read that book now! You guys are awesome. Have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a fun cozy. I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a fun relaxing read. And I love this Tuesday passages! And the cover is so cool
    Mine is here: https://francebooktours.com/2021/02/09/lorigine-first-chapter-first-paragraph/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought "Nick and Nora" were familiar names but yes, Hammett ! This looks good, I would keep reading ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.