Saturday, May 1, 2021

Review: Kitty Confidential by Molly Fitz


Genre
Cozy Mystery

Format
E-Book

Publisher
Sweet Promise Press

Release Date
March 28,  2019

Synopsis from Goodreads:

I was just your normal twenty-something with seven associate degrees and no idea what I wanted to do with my life. That is, until I died… Well, almost.

As if a near-death experience at the hands of an old coffeemaker wasn’t embarrassing enough, I woke up to find I could talk to animals. Or rather one animal in particular.

His full name is Octavius Maxwell Ricardo Edmund Frederick Fulton, but since that’s way too long for anyone to remember, I’ve taken to calling him Octo-Cat. He talks so fast he can be difficult to understand, but seems to be telling me that his late owner didn’t die of natural causes like everyone believes.

Well, now it looks like I no longer have a choice, apparently my life calling is to serve as Blueberry Bay’s first ever pet whisperer P.I while maintaining my façade as a paralegal at the offices of Fulton, Thompson & Associates.

I just have one question: How did Dr. Doolittle make this gig look so easy?

My Review

Paralegal Angie Russo works for Fulton, Thompson, and Associates.  Things get off to a rocky start when Fulton’s elderly aunt passes away and Angie has a near-death experience when she’s nearly electrocuted by the office’s coffeemaker.  When Angie wakes up, she finds she can talk to the elderly aunt’s cat and he talks back.  The cat is convinced his owner was murdered and he wants Angie’s help to prove it.

As Angie tries to figure out why she can all of a sudden communicate with a cat, the cat pressures her to find a killer.  The problem is that the police are convinced the death was of natural causes and their is no proof that any foul play is involved.  It’s not as if Angie can tell them that the cat told her.

So, Angie and Octo-Cat team up to find a killer on their own

This book is the first of the Pet Whisperer series and it’s off to a really fun start.  There are so many  LOL moments.  Octo-Cat is the star of this series for sure.  The things he says are exactly what I would expect a cat to say.  Angie has much to learn about how to treat a cat right and Octo-Cat is sure to be an excellent teacher.

The storyline is a fast-paced mystery.  I wasn’t overly surprised at whodunit but it was such a delightful ride getting to the conclusion.   There’s humor and mystery spread throughout the book.  

Angie and Octo-Cat are quite the entertaining amateur sleuths.  This is a great series to satisfy my need for a “feel good” read.  When I need a “pick me upper” this is the series I’ll be going to.




For reading challenges:
Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge 2021
Literary Escapes Reading Challenge 2021 (Maine)
What An Animal Reading Challenge 2021
The Purrfect Reading Challenge 2021
The Backlist Reader Challenge 2021


Disclosure:  This one is from my own e-book collection. All opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. I got that one for free and can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't quite remember the plot of this one, but now I remember again! It was such a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun premise! I'm not sure I'd really want to be able to talk to cats. I'm quite sure their thoughts wouldn't be complimentary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.