Thursday, November 9, 2023

Review: The Legend of Rachel Petersen by J.T. Baroni

 



About the Book


 

Genre
Suspense
 
Format
E-Book
 
Publisher
Sky Publishing
 
Release Date
June 3, 2023

 

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Did his book raise the dead? Outraged when The Post Gazette overlooks him for a well-deserved promotion, 43-year-old Sports Writer Christian Kane quits the Paper and moves to the country to write fiction. Inspiration flows from a lone grave he stumbles upon in the woods. He compiles "The Legend of Rachel Petersen," a fascinating story revolving around the dead twelve-year-old girl laid to rest beneath the weathered tombstone. His book quickly becomes a Best Seller; then Hollywood turns it into a blockbuster movie. Kane becomes rich and famous. But then? Does an enraged Rachel become more than a figment of the writer's imagination? Does she rise from her grave to seek revenge on Kane for slandering her name? 

My Review 

Sports writer, Christian Kane, is planning for an exciting evening.  His newspaper The Post Gazette is holding a banquet where they are about to announce his promotion. Unfortunately, things don’t go exactly as planned.  Christian’s coveted promotion is given to a much less deserving employee.  Christian immediately quits his job.   

Much to his wife’s dismay, Christian moves them to the country where he plans to write a novel.  When he discovers the grave of a twelve-year old girl, he becomes interested in her story.  He does some research and writes a best selling novel.  Then, strange things happen, and the young girl seems more real than ever before and she’s not happy about the book. 

What a unique, spine-tingling story!  It had me at the edge-of-my seat and up all night reading. I just couldn’t put it down until I knew how this all wrapped up.  This isn’t just one story, it’s a book within a book.  You get two stories in one.  They are set during different timelines.   

The ending left me stunned.  I didn’t see that coming.  The author leaves you hanging, but he really keeps you thinking.  The Legend of Rachel Petersen is a suspense-filled thriller that grabbed my attention right from the start and wouldn't let go.

 

For reading challenges:

Literary Escapes Reading Challenge 2023 (Pennsylvania)

 

I borrowed this one from the Kobo Plus library.  I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

 

 

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.