Thursday, April 18, 2024

Review: Deep in the Snow by Wendy Meadows

 



About the Book


Genre
Cozy Mystery

Format
E-Book

Publisher
Majestic Owl Publishing LLC

Release Date
June 6, 2017

Synopsis from Goodreads:

This winter cozy mystery series can be read in one to two hours. It is perfect for those moments when you are waiting at an appointment or want to enjoy a quick read.

Where one case ends, another one begins.

A new killer is after Detective Conrad Spencer, and he decides to turn to the only person he knows who can possibly help him out: former detective turned mystery writer Sarah Garland.

Meeting at her cabin to escape a terrible snow storm, Det. Spencer spins a dangerous tale of the mafia he was hunting down in New York. Spencer also informs Sarah that he plans to track down his ex-wife’s killer for good, and that he was given seven days to do so, or he’s as good as dead. To make matters worse for Spencer, that very mafia boss is in Snowy Falls, looking for him.

Cleverly using the upcoming blizzard to cover his (or her) tracks towards Spencer, it seems the invisible killer, be it the mafia boss or someone else, is determined to catch their prey.

To help her new friend, Sarah must count on her former skills to uncover the killer’s tracks, or run the risk of her and Spencer being put on ice.

My Review

Mystery writer and former detective, Sarah Garland is asked to assist in a local murder investigation.  Detective Conrad Spencer is trying to find the person responsible for his ex-wife’s death and he needs help.  He knows Sarah could be the perfect person to help him.  

The mafia is involved and gives them only a week to solve the case or they both die.  It doesn’t help that there is a major blizzard going on.  

It’s a race against the clock for Sarah and Conrad to locate a killer before their time is up. There's no time to waste.  This is a fast-paced book that I found so captivating.

Talk about an edge-of-your seat thriller.  This kept me guessing right from the start.  Quite a bit of action with many potential suspects.  This is the second book in the series.  Although the mystery is solved in this book, it’s a continuing story and we are introduced to their next case at the end of book #3.  I’m looking forward to reading that one soon.  



For reading challenges:

The Backlist Reader Challenge 2024
Literary Escapes Reading Challenge 2024 (Alaska)
Cloak & Dagger Reading Challenge 2024
Cruisin’ thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2024



I borrowed this one  from the KOBO Plus library.  I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.