Saturday, June 28, 2008

Catnapped by Gabriella Herkert


“An Animal Instinct Mystery”

Genre: Cozy Mystery

Legal investigator, Sara Townley, is at the bottom of the totem pole at Abercroft, Hamilton and Sterns, which means all meaningless cases are assigned to her. Sara’s new case seems easy enough, she must find a cat who recently received a multi-million dollar inheritance. Sounds pretty easy, until she is faced with a dead body and she seems to be the prime suspect.

Things go from bad to worse when she arrives home to find her new husband, Navy Seal Connor cooking her apartment. She only knew him for a week when they married in Las Vegas, but she didn’t expect him to follow her home. When Connor realizes the case of the missing wealthy cat turns dangerous, he intends to never let her out of his sight again.

This is the first book of a new series of cozy mysteries, “An Animal Instinct Mystery”. Catnapped is a promising beginning, although it takes a bit of time to get to know the characters and the plot twists take so many different turns that it’s sometimes hard to keep up with them. One of the best developed characters is Sara’s best friend Russ. I adored this character immediately and I do hope he makes another appearance. My only disappointment is that I love mysteries with cats involved and this cat was hardly involved at all. He was a very minor part of the story, but it was a well-paced mystery anyway. The next book in the series is “Doggone” and I will keep an eye open for it.

Completing this book also means I can cross off another book from my Amateur Sleuth Reading Challenge – that’s always a good thing 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.