Monday, June 30, 2008

Up Till Now By William Shatner



Genre: Autobiography


I’ve been a fan of Shatner’s for a long time, but my fandom resurfaced in the last few years with his appearance on Boston Legal, which happens to be my current favorite show (I adore James Spader). So, I was quite interested in reading his book. Some of his stories I’ve heard on his guest appearances on talk shows, but mainly there were some new stories I hadn’t heard before.

He starts from his childhood days in Canada and goes to his current role on Boston Legal. He talks about the unexpected death of his wife. It was a very sad death and she was a very troubled woman. I can’t even imagine the pain he must have gone through. She was an alcoholic and he found her dead in their swimming pool. So tragic.

Shatner doesn’t hesitate to talk about some of his less than happy experiences such as the above death of his wife, his failed marriage prior to that, and his “not so cordial” relationships with his former Star Trek co-stars. The book is filled with laughter, as well as a few tears. He’s an excellent storyteller and he’s quite the colorful character. I hope I have half as much energy when I’m his age as he does.

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I am going to add this to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, J. Kaye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a copy and placed a hold on a copy - yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good! I can't wait to hear what you think of it. I was so surprised that I got a copy from the library so fast.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.