Sunday, March 20, 2016

Review: Murder with A Twist by Tracy Kiely


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-ARC

Publisher:
Midnight Ink

Release Date:
May 2015







Synopsis from Goodreads:

Visiting New York to attend a cousin's birthday gala, Nic and Nigel Martini are looking forward to cocktails with old friends and a pampered stay at the Ritz. But when the birthday girl's gold-digging cad of a husband goes missing, the Martini family worries that the social event of the season may turn into a story for the scandal sheets.

Nigel's condescending aunt begs former detective Nic to find sleazy Leo, despite the fact that it would be better for everyone if he just stayed lost. Trailing a married bachelor with a penchant for trouble isn't pretty; in fact it's downright deadly. Assisted by Nigel and their newly adopted bull mastiff, Nic must tangle with her old underworld connections if she hopes to hunt down the dirtiest Martini.

My Review

This story takes place in present time, but it gave me the feel of a 1920’s type of mystery. Nic and Nigel are an elegant couple. Nigel is quite charming with a dash of mischief.

Nigel’s family could make your head spin. What a wacky bunch! I’m not sure how Nic could think straight around them, but she held her own and handled herself very well.

There are some twists and turns as Nic and Nigel try to find a killer. It really could have been anyone. The author does a nice job of leading the reader astray. I guessed wrong, but in the end, it all came to a satisfying conclusion.

"Murder with A Twist" is the first book in this series and it's off to an excellent start.   I’m looking forward to reading the second book in the series.



For reading challenges:
Craving for the Cozies Reading Challenge 2016
Blogger Shame Reading Challenge 2016
NetGalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge 2016

FTC Disclosure: NetGalley provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.