Monday, March 21, 2016

Review: Night of the Living Deed by E.J. Copperman


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Source:
Library

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Berkley

Release Date:
June 2010




Synopsis from Goodreads:

Welcome to the first Haunted Guest House mystery-the getaway every reader can afford.

Newly divorced Alison Kerby wants a second chance for herself and her nine-year-old daughter. She's returned to her hometown on the Jersey Shore to transform a Victorian fixer-upper into a charming-and profitable-guest house. One small problem: the house is haunted, and the two ghosts insist Alison must find out who killed them.

My Review

I’m very late in reading this one, but I finally got around to it and I’m so glad I did. This book reminds me so much of the old Ghost and Mrs. Muir TV series, but with a pair of ghosts instead of just one. Alison Kerby and her daughter have the difficult task of dealing with both of them.

There is humor laced throughout this book. The dialogue is witty and had me “laughing out loud” quite often. I especially enjoyed the conversations between Alison and the female ghost, Maxie. Alison sure had her hands full with Maxie, especially since the ghost finds nothing wrong with flirting with the living.

I devoured this book in just a couple of days. It’s an enjoyable mystery filled with laughter, strong characters and a clever storyline.   It's the perfect mix of paranormal and mystery to make a unique cozy mystery series.   Now, it’s time for me to read the backlist.



For reading challenges:
I Love Library Books Reading Challenge 2016
Cloak and Dagger Reading Challenge 2016


7 comments:

  1. I am so glad you enjoyed Night of the Living Deed and did a review. The series is fun and does have some great laugh out loud moments. I didn't know whether to dislike Maxie or love her. I reviewed the audio book which for me gives more dimension to a story. I hope you read and review the rest of them.
    Jennie from narrator reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I've had this one on my Kindle for a long, long time. I need to try it soon. Thanks for the reminder and I love the whole 'Ghost and Mrs. Muir' comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You convinced me to read this one as soon as you compared it to The Ghost and Mrs. Muir - it sounds really enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this one! Thanks for reminding me how much. I didn't feel the next one was quite as strong but it's definitely a series I need to continue with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved The Ghost & Mrs. Muir. And I love the cover and title for this book! I want it. LOL Off to check it out. Thanks for sharing it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this one as well! I have been meaning to continue on with this series so thanks for reminding me! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.