Thursday, October 5, 2017

Book Beginnings on Friday/The Friday 56 - October 6th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.






I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.


I'm about to start reading...



Beginnings...

I slid onto an old piano stool as Daisy Hart placed the fall centerpiece she'd designed on the distressed wood counter in her flower shop, Beautiful Blooms.

"That looks great," I said. "It's exactly what I had in mind."

"When you said something for Oktoberfest," Daisy said, "I wasn't sure whether to go with autumn, beer, or Germany, so I looked it up and incorporated all of them."

"Well, it's perfect."


Friday 56...

From 56% on my Kindle...

"My parents didn't know what to name me and the first thing my mother saw was her paisley scarf she'd worn to the hospital, and she thought that would be a lovely name."

9 comments:

  1. Apart from the opening, just love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. I love the cover, the cat looks like my Jaspurr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds fantastic. Thanks for mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her naming sounds like Native American families naming children for recent events or sightings. My quotes from Hamilton REvolutionary

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my 56 today too! Love this series! I hope you and your readers will check out mine . . . http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsARWABJT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the story about naming...my grandmother named my aunt from a word embroidered on her hospital pillow. LOL. (Elfie). What a name, right?

    This one sounds good. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “SNAP JUDGMENT”

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.