Thursday, October 12, 2017

Book Beginnings on Friday/The Friday 56 - October 13th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.






I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.


This week I'm reading...



Beginnings...

Time to move on. I crossed the Green and headed for the library. A guest of wind bowed the branches of the nearby trees, showering me with red and yellow leaves. I paused to inhale the tangy air. It was a glorious October morning, and I stood in the center of the most glorious setting - the historic town of Clover Ridge, Connecticut. This was my family's hometown, where I'd spent my summers as a kid. Elegant, well-preserved homes bordered one side of the Green, and an array of shops, Zagat-rated restaurants, and galleries bordered the other three sides. We were a stone's thrown from the Long Island Sound and a few miles from the river, with a low mountain range to the west. Picturesque by anyone's standards - mine included - but my need to leave was growing stronger every day.


Friday 56...

From 56% on my Kindle...

The cottage was lovely, but it was also very isolated.

8 comments:

  1. I love cozies during the fall and winter. I snuggle up with a cuppa hot tea and lose myself for a few hours:)

    My Friday 56 from Flesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the sound of this one...and the cover! I want that window seat.

    I wonder why she wants to leave so much?

    Here's mine: “HER LAST GOODBYE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, if I was there, I definitely wouldn't want to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read this one!! That cover and the sound of it. I. Must. Read. It.

    I hope you have a great weekend, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a good story and one I would probably enjoy. Thanks for mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the perfect cozy for this month!

    Thanks for sharing the opening on BBOF! Sorry I was late getting the post up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like this would be perfect to read this month!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.