Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday - October 18th



This meme is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings.

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released as well. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. Find out more here.



I found this new cozy which sounds good...plus, I love ice cream :)


Synopsis from Goodreads...

Kate McKay had doubts about swapping her high-powered life in Manhattan for Wolfert's Roost, the quaint Hudson Valley village where she grew up. But when she moves back to care for her ailing grandmother, Kate decides to start fresh and indulge her dream of running an ice cream shop. All goes smoothly--until she's reunited with old acquaintances nuttier than a vat of rocky road . . .

Kate should be thrilled about opening Lickety Splits Ice Cream Shoppe in the heart of town. Instead her spirits melt like soft serve in the summer when she learns that her childhood frenemy, Ashley Winthrop, has started selling frozen treats in the bakery across the street. Turns out, Ashley hasn't sweetened since high school. And, once again, she's game for some very unfriendly competition . . .

But before Ashley can kill Kate's new business, someone kills Ashley--stabbing her to death inside the bakery. Worse, the murder occurs right after the two rivals drew crowds with a heated argument, leaving half of Wolfert's Roost speculating that Kate was finally pushed over the edge . . .

With rumors swirling and her reputation in serious trouble, Kate is determined to get the real scoop on the crime--even if it means joining forces with a former flame. As she pieces together clues to a chilling scandal, Kate soon realizes that she'll need way more than a sprinkle of wit if she wants to expose the killer and live to see another sundae . . .

Includes mouthwatering ice cream recipes from the Lickety Splits Ice Cream Shoppe!


Publisher: Kensington
Release Date: March 27, 2018

4 comments:

  1. I like that the book is about an ice cream shop, and I'm loving the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great murder mystery! Nice pick.

    Jenea's Book Obsession's CWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun concept and I like that the cover is rather simplistic. I love cozy covers but at times, they can be rather busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems such an intriguing mystery. I hope you enjoy it. Happy readings! ;)

    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.