Friday, January 5, 2018

Book Beginnings on Friday/The Friday 56 - January 5th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.






I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.


This week I'm reading...


Beginnings...

"Look, Daddy!  Look, look!"

A barrel of energy in a pink leotard and tights ran full tilt across the dance floor at Gunnar Rhodes, her strawberry blond hair, so like her mother's, already escaping from the haphazard bun he'd struggled for almost an hour to put up.  He risked a glance at the mostly moms collecting their similarly clad daughters. Nary a hair out of place on their perfect kids' perfect heads.

Friday 56...

I didn't see any good teasers from 56%, so I'm choosing one from 16% on my Kindle...

A drop of sweat - or was that a tear? - trickled down one cheek as the last notes of the song faded away and Norah lowered her body to the floor, hugging her knees to her chest.


10 comments:

  1. This looks like something straight out of Hallmark! I hope you're enjoying it. I'd love for you and your readers to check out mine . . . https://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsCFF-GStour

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really sweet. I'd keep reading. This week I'm reading The English Wife by Lauren Willig. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the sweet image of that dad trying so hard. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover and this book sounds so sweet. Enjoy it.

    http://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2018/01/the-friday-56-jan-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the beginning and the 56.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a sweet read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah. A Daddy with his darling daughter. I wasn't expecting that opening from the cover.

    I am read nonfiction this week: Dreaming the Beatles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sympathize with his hair struggles. I was never very good with those awful ballet buns. This looks like a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a good beginning to what I think will be a good romance. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wasn't expecting that from the cover either! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.