Tuesday, January 9, 2018

First Chapter Tuesday/Teaser Tuesday - January 9th


Every Tuesday Vicki at I'd Rather Be At the Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...





First Chapter...

I slipped through the restroom door, leaned my back against the counter, and tried - unsuccessfully - to slow the pounding in my chest. Dad's voice echoed inside my head. Take it easy now, Kate-Girl. Remember what Rene told you. You have to act like everything's normal. You don't want to ruin tonight for Michael.

Teaser...

"Why did he do it? For money?"

"Heck if I know. He didn't say. I certainly didn't ask."

What do you think? Would you keep reading?

9 comments:

  1. I would keep reading. Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. I'd keep reading. This week I have A Treacherous Curse by Deanna Raybourn. I'm hooked on this historical mystery series. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, now I am eager to find out what is happening. Great intro and teaser. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW”

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an intro! Definitely interested.

    https://girlof1000wonders.wordpress.com/2018/01/09/tuesday-teaser-intro-no-place-like-you/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would keep reading. I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is off to a good start. I'd read more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.