Friday, April 3, 2020

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - April 3rd




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.






I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.


This week I'm reading...




Beginnings...

Daisy Dawson's wedding ceremony was supposed to start any minute, and there was no sign of the groom. At nine months pregnant, in a pretty but scratchy white lace maternity dress and peau de soie heels that pinched, standing around wasn't exactly easy.


From 56% on my Kindle...

He hated this. Hated making her feel so awful.








9 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I didn't realize that she got stood up at her wedding. But this book sounds good. I love that the hero delivers her baby on the side of the road. At least that's what I think happens. I want to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I hope that she's not getting stood up at her wedding. It's certainly an opening that grabs the reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh-oh. Is he being a lout? The photo on the cover belies the quotes. My Friday quotes and a review

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet this delivers a happy ending!! Happy weekend and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the quotes; although, the beginning seems kind of sad.
    Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great into to the book! I do hope the ending is happy! (Sure it will be). Hope you are safe and well, Yvonne!

    Here is my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the quotes - especially that beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not my style, but I hope you're enjoying it!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.