Monday, December 28, 2020

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros/Teaser Tuesdays - December 29th



It's Tuesday!  It's time to share your excerpts and teasers from books we are currently reading, have read or are planning to read.  So, feel free to join us by sharing the first paragraph or (a few) of a book you are reading or thinking about reading soon.  This meme is guaranteed to increase your TBR :)



Please link your blog post using Mr. Linky below. Make sure the link you enter is the direct link to your Tuesday post, not the main link to your blog. Thank you!



I, also, participate and link up to Teaser Tuesdays.  Here's info about that meme:

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


* Grab your current read

* Open to a random page

* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



I just started reading this one.  The excerpts are from the 
        E-ARC.





First Chapter... 

"I wouldn't drink that if I were you."

Wiley Fortune plucked the glass from his sister's hand and placed it back on the polished mahogany bar. 

Nicole gave him a funny look.  "It's water, Wi.  Roja is providing the food for this party.  I may be a guest, but I'm also still on the clock."

Teaser...

Although she'd tried to hide her emotional pain and physical exhaustion, Wiley knew that season of loss had taken a toll on her.


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Can you fall head over heels

And land on your feet?When Grace Williams topples from the balcony at the soon-to-open Hotel Fortune, the last thing she expects is to find love with her new bosses’ brother. Wiley Fortune is visiting from Chicago, and the polished attorney has looks, money and charm to spare. But Grace’s past makes her wary of investing her heart—and risking her job. Do a small-town Texan and a city sophisticate really have a chance?

From Harlequin Special Edition: Believe in love. Overcome obstacles. Find happiness.

The Fortunes of Texas: The Hotel Fortune




What do you think? Would you keep reading?








2 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this one. Great excerpts, and I like the cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first line alone is a read more LOL - HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR YVONNE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.