Friday, December 25, 2020

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - December 25th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.






I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


Merry Christmas!

I'm hoping to read this one soon.  It looks so good.


First Chapter

Everyone talks about Christmas magic as if it's an actual, literal thing.  As real as silver tinsel draped lovingly from the stiff pine needles of a blue spruce tree.  As real as snow on Christmas morning.  As real as the live toy soldiers who flank the entrance to FAO Schwartz, the famous toy store now situated in Rockefeller Plaza, right at the center of the bustling, beating heart of Manhattan.

From 56% on my Kindle...

"You think I'm like an action figure - plastic and unfeeling?"


Synopsis from Goodreads:

She never dreamed her holiday would include

her hometown, a dog, or a firefighter.

But a mysterious charm bracelet

predicted it all…

Ashley’s supposed to be having the Christmas of her dreams. After four years of working at an upscale jewelry store in Manhattan, she’s finally going to get a little velvet box of her own―from her boyfriend Jeremy, who’s taking her on a romantic trip to Paris. What could go wrong?

Well, everything.

Ashley heads home to Owl Lake instead, falling asleep on the train ride there…and waking up with a beautiful antique charm bracelet on her wrist. Soon, she realizes that each silver charm predicts an event that happens in real life. What does this mean for her and Jeremy…or her and Aidan, her former high school boyfriend, who’s now a local firefighter? Is there still a chance that she could have the perfect Christmas?

 
What do you think?  What are you sharing today?

3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.